Argentine tango is one of the great music styles in the world and essential for dancing tango. We provide guides for developing a collection of tango music and using it for social dancing.
- Building a Collection of Tango Music for Social Dancing
A comprehensive guide for getting started on building a collection of Argentine tango music for social dancing.
- Music for Dancers New to Argentine Tango
A guide to the recordings best-suited for dancers first learning to hear the rhythm of Argentine tango music.
- Playing Music for Milongas: The DJ’s Role
A guide for the person playing recorded music at milongas, practicas and other tango events.
- Classics of Tango Dance Music
An evolving list of great tangos, milongas and valses for social dancing as recommended by tango dancers and DJs from around the world.
- An Annotated List of Tandas
A list of more than 100 coherent sounding tandas that capture the best recordings of each tango orchestra.
- A DJ’s Guide to Post-Golden-Age Recordings
A brief guide to some post-golden-age CDs for the DJ playing music at milongas and practicas.
- A DJ’s Guide to Neo-Tango Recordings
A brief guide to some neo-tango CDs for the DJ playing music for tango dancers who would enjoy something new and different.